CLAREMONT โ€” Turnover in leadership of the city’s schools, which have had a difficult year financially, have continued this spring.

The Claremont Middle School principal resigned “unexpectedly” last week, according to a Friday announcement from the school district. Dale Chenette’s last day with the district was Friday.

“While his resignation may present some administrative challenges, it will have minimal impact on day-to-day learning,” the announcement said.

Bluff Elementary School Principal Dale Chenette, listens during a presentation of plans to deal with the staffing crisis at the school at the SAU 6 School Board meeting at Stevens High School in Claremont, N.H., on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2025. (Valley News – James M. Patterson)

Chenette began the school year as principal of Bluff Elementary School, which closed in the fall amid the district’s financial crisis following the revelation of a $5 million deficit, as well as staffing challenges. Students and teachers from Bluff merged into the district’s other two elementary schools, Disnard and Maple Avenue.

Assistant Principal Courtney Steele will serve as acting middle school principal through the end of the school year, the announcement said. She will be joined by Nichole Boynton, the student services coordinator at Disnard Elementary, who has agreed to join the middle school as the acting assistant principal through the end of the year.

“Between these two school leaders, with Ms. Steele focusing on the schoolโ€™s day-to-day learning and operations and Ms. Boynton focusing on higher level administration functions, weโ€™re confident that CMS is in good hands,” the announcement said.

The SAU 6 elementary school principals, from left, Melissa Lewis, of Disnard, Mark Blount, of Maple Avenue, and Dale Chenette, of Bluff, listen to discussion of whether to close Bluff Elementary School and redistribute its students and staff during a meeting at Stevens High School in Claremont, N.H., on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2025. (Valley News – James M. Patterson)

In addition to Chenette’s departure, Maple Avenue Principal Mark Blount went out on leave last week, the same announcement said. David Irwin, the school’s student services coordinator, will become acting principal through the end of the year.

“We anticipate this change will have zero impact on our studentsโ€™ day-to-day learning experience,” the announcement said.

There also have been recent leadership changes at the district level.

Last month, the School Board hired Timothy Broadrick to serve as the district’s next superintendent beginning July 1. He will replace interim Superintendent Kerry Kennedy.

Kennedy, who began this school year as the middle school principal before stepping into the interim role, will become the district’s director of curriculum, instruction, and assessment, according to an announcement posted to the district’s website earlier last week.

SAU 6 Interim Superintendent Kerry Kennedy explains a proposal for consolidating schools in Claremont, N.H. during a Claremont School Board meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2025 in Claremont.
JENNIFER HAUCK / Valley News

โ€œMs. Kennedy will be able to hit the ground running in this curriculum role โ€” sheโ€™s spent the year building important relationships with building leaders and staff in the schools. Iโ€™m looking forward to working with her,โ€ Broadrick said in the announcement.

The school board also named Amy Tallman Savage as the new human resources director, a role she will begin on July 1, the announcement said. Savage has served as the Hanover/SAU 70 director of human resources for the last 14 years.

โ€œI believe Ms. Savage will be an invaluable addition to our leadership team,โ€ Broadrick said in the announcement. โ€œShe has a very โ€˜humanโ€™ approach to human resources. She builds systems that meet the needs of the people who make up our school community.โ€